It is the mission of the Bonsall Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Program to promote member commitment and retention by:
- Raising awareness of Chamber activities and benefits
- Informing and involving new Chamber members to promote strong continuing membership
- Encouraging meaningful and beneficial participation in the Chamber's programs
- Serving as a liaison between the Chamber staff and membership
Who are the Chamber Ambassadors?
The Ambassador Program consists of volunteers from the Chamber membership who donate their time to assist the Chamber in various activities. Ambassadors serve a term of one calendar year. Ambassadors can continue to serve after the one-year term if agreed upon by the Ambassador and the Chamber. Ambassadors provide a crucial link between the Chamber, its members and the community at large. They are a front line representative for the Bonsall Chamber of Commerce at public and Chamber sponsored events/activities. Ambassadors are the backbone of the Bonsall Chamber of Commerce.
Program Benefits for the Ambassadors
Ambassadors are in the center of the business activity of the community.
- They represent the Chamber through referring new members, participating in events, such as ribbon cuttings and many more support activities.
- Increased knowledge of all Chamber activities
- They enjoy rewards of making new contacts, strengthening business relationships and accessing resources to further their own success
- Increased networking opportunities
- Opportunity to connect one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members
- Increased referral opportunities through other Ambassadors and one-on-one contact with members
- Recognition at events and internal meetings.
- Potential media coverage from attendance at Chamber events
- Gain an insider’s perspective of the local business community
- Opportunity to meet local business and community leaders
- Chance to help the community and show community pride
- Recognition via “Ambassador of the Year” and “Ambassador Spotlights.”
- Increased awareness of important issues facing the community
Program Benefits for the Chamber
- Increased visibility within the community
- Better understanding of membership needs
- More involvement of existing Chamber Members
- Ability to manage events more effectively
- Increased recruitment opportunities
- Member retention
Program Benefits for the Membership
- Increased access to points of contact who can provide assistance
and answer questions
- More frequent Chamber communication
- Potential for increased referrals
- Members will feel more connected to the Chamber
What is Expected of an Ambassador?
These individuals should be ready and willing to promote the mission of the Chamber and it’s events to those it works with throughout the community.
- You must be a current member in good standing with the Bonsall Chamber of Commerce.
- Becoming a CHAMBER AMBASSADOR is being committed to conduct in a manner that generates community trust and confidence in the Bonsall Chamber of Commerce. You will personally promote high standards, ethics and integrity.
- Be in contact with existing members to help insure retention and actively seek new members
- Ambassadors should contact their members once or twice a month via email or phone during the first three months of their membership.
- Ambassadors should contact their members as deemed necessary after the first three months
- Be visible at all Chamber functions and events and set the example for a positive
pro-business attitude by which all will prosper
- Ambassadors should greet their members at functions and help facilitate introductions to other members
- Take on opportunities to implement new ideas that support the mission of the Chamber upon approval of the Chamber
- Positively promote the Chamber whenever possible.
- Participate in a minimum of (10) ten functions during the Chamber's fiscal year.
Interested in volunteering with the Chamber? Our Ambassador Program is a great way to get engaged with the business community. The Ambassadors provide a crucial link between the Chamber and its members. They help ensure that all members receive the maximum benefit from their investment. Their primary responsibilities include assisting in member retention, recruiting and mentoring new members, and assisting at events.
If so, please complete the Ambassador Program Application or contact the chamber by email at Admin@bonsallchamber.org or by phone at 760-630-1933.